Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Huntsville
Chimney Sweep Near Me
Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Huntsville excels in quality service and getting to our customers quickly. Our team has 30 years of experience and strives to please each customer by keeping them safe and their home clean. Our technicians are dedicated to knowing the most about chimney problems and how to solve them efficiently. As your local chimney sweep, we only work with the best materials, ensuring that you won’t have to call us again. Choose Chimney Repair Huntsville for the best chimney services!
Sootmaster Huntsville Service Areas
Sootmaster is proud to serve you and provide you with exceptional service. We love being in the Huntsville area and have extended our areas to the following surrounding cities. Whatever city you’re in, we’re here to resolve all your chimney and fireplace problems.
- Huntsville, AL
- Madison, AL
- Athens, AL
- Decatur, AL
- Hartselle, AL
- Scottsboro, AL
- Albertville, AL
- Cullman, AL
Huntsville Chimney Repair, Restoration, and More
We’re a friendly team who will focus on your needs and concerns. Our team values your time and will call you in advance to notify you when we will be arriving so you don’t have to wait. Sootmaster’s thorough Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 chimney inspections are sure to find any potential issues. We can solve your water, animal, and draft problems and will keep you informed of the state of your chimney throughout the entire process. If your flue needs relining, or if your chimney has structural damage, call Sootmaster today. No matter the problem, your local Huntsville chimney sweep team is here to fix them.
Fireplace Repair and Chimney Services
Sootmaster Chimney Repair Huntsville provides great services to customers, earning us a great reputation in the community; just check out our reviews. We offer Water Leak Repairs, Animal removal, Masonry repairs, Fireplace repairs, Fireplace Installations, local chimney service, and chimney caps, as well as many more.
- Animal Removal: Having an animal in your chimney can be a source of noise and respiratory problems; thus, animal removal is one of our top priorities at Chimney Sweep Huntsville. You don’t have to worry about the safety of these animals; we only practice humane animal removal.
- Water Leak Repairs: Got water issues? Our team is experts in water damage repair since it’s our most common call. We only use the best materials and we promise to provide the best quality water leak repairs. We offer flashing, chimney caps, and more. As a bonus, you don’t have to pay when we finish the job. We’re so confident in our abilities, wait until the next big rain comes to verify your water issues have been solved before paying. Additionally, we will use a waterproofing material to prevent rain damage. If your crown is the source, we can adjust the slope, increase the drip edge, or apply some sealant ChimneySaver. Regardless of where the leak is coming from, if you live in Huntsville or the surrounding area, you can be sure Sootmaster will stop it.
- Masonry Repairs: Sootmaster Chimney Repair Huntsville offers several different masonry repairs such as tuckpointing, chimney flue repair, flue relining, and more. Our masonry repairs are done by professionals who have years of experience and practice in the field.
- Fireplace repairs: Fireplace repairs and chimney sweeps are done by CSIA-trained workers. Additionally, we offer real estate, home, and insurance inspections so we can verify that your chimney is up to code and not at risk of chimney fires.
- Fireplace Installations: Our Huntsville chimney repair team offers several types of fireplace installation including ash dump doors, wood stoves, and other local chimney services near me.
Have Questions? Ask The Sootmaster!
We understand how important it is for you to know what’s going on. As a result, we here at chimney sweep Huntsville strive to help you to enjoy a safer home.
Most noteworthy, here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What wood should I burn?
- How can I troubleshoot smoke issues?
- What products can I use to keep chimneys leak-free?
Click here to Ask the SootMaster!
Lastly, for questions about our services, give us a call at 256-399-4332. You can also request an appointment online, and we’ll send a chimney repair professional right to your door. Huntsville’s Sootmaster professionals are serving those in the cities of Madison, Athens, Decatur, Hartselle, Scottsboro, Albertville, and Cullman. Find your local Sootmaster on our area service page. In conclusion, we want to be your top choice at Chimney Sweep Huntsville.
Huntsville is full of places to explore. So while we’re working on your chimney, grab some grub, visit a state park, and enjoy the scenery. Check out Huntsville!
U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Huntsville Botanical Garden
“The 112-acre Huntsville Botanical Garden is open year-round and contains a diverse ecosystem of meadows, upland and bottom-land forest, and wetlands, as well as a variety of specialty gardens and native plant collections. The Mathews Nature Trail contains the largest accredited trillium collection in the U.S. and the Anderson Education Center is home to the nation’s largest open-air butterfly house. The Native Plants Teaching Garden is a public space that highlights the way local plants, soil, pollinators, and birds create distinct communities and how they interact to form a diverse, sustainable, and attractive landscape. A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the Garden is a member of the American Public Gardens Association, the North American Plant Collections Consortium, and the American Horticultural Society, as well as an ArbNet-accredited arboretum.” –TripAdvisor
Monte Sano State Park
“The Monte Sano Lodge offers a serene mountain setting that is ideal for a variety of group functions including business meetings, weddings, and family reunions. The facility features a large meeting room, a small meeting room, a break room, lobby or pre-function area, restrooms, and a terrace. Fourteen rustic cabins, 11 of which were built by the Civilian Conservation Corp (CCC), are perched on the side of the mountain and are equipped with kitchens, fireplaces, separate showers and baths, cable television, outdoor grills, picnic tables, and porches for taking in the amazing sunrises. The park also features 89 improved campsites, a primitive campground, and a camp store.” –www.alapark.com
Harmony Park Safari
“Open March through November (including holidays), Harmony Park is a federally licensed nature preserve of free-ranging exotic and endangered animals. Remain in your car on a two-mile route to see zebras, zebus, antelope, buffalo, a camel, ostriches, giraffes, a kangaroo, and tortoises, then park to visit the reptile house. The park accepts cash or checks only. No pets or service animals are permitted.”
Dennis Hill came out and did an inspection for us. He was able to come back the next day to perform the work. Quick response, very professional. Thank you, Sootmaster!
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I get my chimney swept?
According to The National Fire Protection Association Standard 211, “Chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom from deposits, and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintenance, and repairs shall be done if necessary.”
My fireplace stinks, especially in the summer. What can I do?
The smell is because of creosote deposits within the chimney, a natural byproduct of woodburning. The odor is sometimes worse during the summer when the humidity is high the air conditioning is turned on. A typical sweeping will help but usually won’t solve the smell completely. There are commercial chimney deodorants that work well, and plenty of people have good results with kitty litter or maybe baking soda set inside the fireplace. The real problem is that the air being drawn down the chimney, an indication of overall pressure problems within the house. Some make-up air should be introduced someplace else in the house. A good sealing and a top-mounted damper will reduce this air flow coming down the chimney.
I have a gas fireplace. Should this chimney be checked too?
Without a doubt! Although gas is usually a clean-burning fuel, the chimney can become non-functional from bird nests or other debris blocking the flue. Modern furnaces may also cause many problems with the typical flues intended to vent the older generation of furnaces.
What's safe to burn in the fireplace?
You should only burn well-seasoned wood. Watch this video from the CSIA to learn what NOT to burn in your fireplace.