Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Lafayette
What We Can Do
Sootmaster Chimney Repair Lafayette provides great all-around services to our customers. Above all, we have a great reputation because of our professionalism. We offer Water Leak Repairs, Animal removal, Masonry repairs, Fireplace repairs, Fireplace Installations, local chimney service, and chimney caps, as well as many more.
- Animal Removal: Because we have a very caring team, animal removal is one of our top priorities at Chimney Sweep Lafayette. For example, Our team is made up of good people who believe in the care of animals. Because of this, we only practice humane animal removal.
- Water Leak Repairs: The most common job we do is water leak repairs. We only use the best materials and we promise to provide the best quality water leak repairs. We offer flashing, chimney caps, and more.
- Masonry Repairs: Sootmaster Chimney Repair Lafayette offers several different masonry repairs. For example, we offer tuckpointing, chimney flue repair, flue relining, and more. Our masonry repairs are done by professionals who have years of experience and practice in the field.
- Fireplace repairs: Our fireplace repairs and chimney sweeps at chimney repair Lafayette are done by CSIA trained workers. We offer the best real estate, home, and insurance inspections, as well as water leak repairs and animal removal.
- Fireplace Installations: Sootmaster chimney repair Lafayette offers several types of fireplace installation. For instance, we can install fireplaces, ash dump doors, wood stoves, and other local chimney services.
Have Questions? Ask The Sootmaster!
We understand how important it is for you to know what’s going on. As a result, we here at chimney sweep Lafayette strive to help you to enjoy a safer home.
Most noteworthy, here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What wood should I burn?
- How can I troubleshoot smoke issues?
- What products can I use to keep chimneys leak-free?
Lastly, for questions about our services, give us a call at 888-768-0818 . You can also request an appointment online, and we’ll send a chimney repair professional right to your door. Find your local Sootmaster on our area service page. In conclusion, we want to be your top choice at Chimney Sweep Lafayette.
Lafayette is a great place to get away from the stress of bigger cities and relax in a Cajun & Creole Country. It offers a calm and peaceful environment with plenty to do outdoors for the family. So while we are working hard on your chimney, go adventure the calming city of Lafayette.
McGees Swamp and Airboat Tours
McGee’s Swamp & Airboat Tours is located in Henderson, Louisiana in the heart of Cajun Country, and has been a South Louisiana tradition and traveler destination for 40 years. Located just 20 minutes east of Lafayette and 2-hours west of New Orleans. Folks from around the world visit McGee’s to experience the sights and sounds of the Atchafalaya Swamp on one of our world-famous swamp and airboat tours or to create their own adventure with our canoeing rentals and photography excursion opportunities. –www.mcgeesswamptours.com
Lafayette Science Museum
Monday Open 24 hours
Tuesday Open 24 hours
Wednesday Open 24 hours
Thursday Open 24 hours
Friday Open 24 hours
Saturday Open 24 hours
Sunday Open 24 hours
I have called upon Sootmaster on a couple of occasions post-hurricane and have been beyond pleased with not only their customer service but all-around. Patrick has been out both times and has been courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them for any chimney needs.
We had Sootmaster out for a post-Hurricane Michael chimney inspection and they were able to handle a couple of small issues while Patrick was there and left me with a good clean bill of health for my fireplace and chimney. Sootmaster and crew were awesome.
We were experiencing leaks in the chimney, Dennis Hill came out and fixed all of our issues. thank you Sootmaster for the fast work and great price!
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I get my chimney swept?
According to The National Fire Protection Association Standard 211, “Chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom from deposits, and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintenance, and repairs shall be done if necessary.”
My fireplace stinks, especially in the summer. What can I do?
The smell is because of creosote deposits within the chimney, a natural byproduct of woodburning. The odor is sometimes worse during the summer when the humidity is high the air conditioning is turned on. A typical sweeping will help but usually won’t solve the smell completely. There are commercial chimney deodorants that work well, and plenty of people have good results with kitty litter or maybe baking soda set inside the fireplace. The real problem is that the air being drawn down the chimney, an indication of overall pressure problems within the house. Some make-up air should be introduced someplace else in the house. A good sealing and a top-mounted damper will reduce this air flow coming down the chimney.
What's safe to burn in the fireplace?
You should only burn well-seasoned wood. Watch this video from the CSIA to learn what NOT to burn in your fireplace.
I have a gas fireplace. Should this chimney be checked too?
Without a doubt! Although gas is usually a clean-burning fuel, the chimney can become non-functional from bird nests or other debris blocking the flue. Modern furnaces may also cause many problems with the typical flues intended to vent the older generation of furnaces.