Pascagoula Chimney Sweeps and Inspections
At Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Pascagoula, we pride ourselves on our reputation by providing the best services from chimney inspections to installations every time. Our customers are the first priority in every situation, that’s why we have put together a team with 30 years of experience to take care of all your needs and concerns day in and day out. With all of our experience, we will surpass your expectations every time..
We feel so strongly about the work we do, that we don’t accept payments on repairs until it rains. So you can rest at ease knowing your receiving quality work, and will be completely satisfied with our services.
In addition, we provide a detailed report with a photo of our work before and after to see what was done as well as a breakdown of the price for the repair, and information about any warranties if applicable.
Therefore, from simple tips to detailed advice on fireplace installations your local chimney sweep is here to help. Call Chimney Repair Pascagoula for the best chimney services!
Chimney Repair and Fireplace Services
Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Pascagoula provides great services to customers. Above all, we have a great reputation because of our professional services. We offer Water Leak Repairs, Animal removal, Masonry repairs, Fireplace repairs, Fireplace Installations, local chimney service, and chimney caps, as well as many more.
- Animal Removal: Because we have a very caring team, animal removal is one of our top priorities at Chimney Sweep Pascagoula. For example, Our team is made up of good people who believe in the care of animals. Because of this, we only practice humane animal removal.
- Water Leak Repairs: The most common job we do is water leak repairs. We only use the best materials and we promise to provide the best quality water leak repairs. We offer flashing, chimney caps, and more.
- Masonry Repairs: Sootmaster Chimney Repair Pascagoula offers several different masonry repairs. For example, we offer tuckpointing, chimney flue repair, flue relining, and more. Our masonry repairs are done by professionals who have years of experience and practice in the field.
- Fireplace repairs: Our fireplace repairs and chimney sweeps at chimney repair Pascagoula are done by CSIA trained workers. We offer the best real estate, home, and insurance inspections, as well as water leak repairs and animal removal.
- Fireplace Installations: Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Pascagoula offers several types of fireplace installation. For instance, we can install fireplaces, ash dump doors, wood stoves, and other local chimney services.
Affects of Water Damage in Your Chimney
Bricks take in water especially if the mortar is damaged in any way; cracked, missing pieces, or worn away. During the winter when water is absorbed by the bricks, it will freeze which expands any cracks, later destroying bricks in a process called spalling. Even if your bricks aren’t noticeably damaged, it’s likely they will be weakened causing them to no longer provide sufficient support to the structural integrity of your chimney. To prevent this, get an inspection scheduled and our trusted technicians will come to solve any issues or concerns you have.
Causes of Chimney Leaks?
Many things are a contributing factor when looking at the cause of water leaks. Inside chimneys, there are many things that can go wrong and if any of them are attempted by nonprofessionals, it will result in more problems later down the line.
- Chimney Cap – A damaged Chimney Cap or a nonexistent cap will allow water to flow in from the roof.
- Crown – If the crown is broken water will leak into the flue lining
- Chimney Bricks – Can degrade especially in colder areas and in the winter with water freezing and expanding which can crack and weaken bricks.
- Flashing – Typically if installed improperly the seal in between the chimney and roof will break/deteriorate letting water in.
Lastly, for questions about our services, give us a call at 228-206-0429. You can also request an appointment online, and we’ll send a chimney repair professional right to your door. Find your local Sootmaster on our area service page. In conclusion, we want to be your top choice at Chimney Sweep Pascagoula.
Check Out Pascagoula
Pascagoula is Mississippi’s second-largest city and has some of the most stunning Spanish moss live oaks in the country. Pascagoula also maintains a calm and relaxing feel for its citizens. So while we are working on your chimney go find a nice getaway and experience this beautiful city.
Round Island Lighthouse
Historic Round Island Lighthouse: Built-in 1859 and a beacon for mariners for 150 years, the hurricane-ravaged remnants of Round Island Lighthouse were rescued and relocated to the mainland Pascagoula in 2010. Open to the public after an extensive restoration completed in 2015, the Lighthouse continues to welcome, educate, and inspire generations of adventurers and history buffs. Come experience tales of pirates, military battles, and the region’s seafaring legacy at Round Island Lighthouse! Lighthouse Park: 815 Cypress Avenue, Pascagoula MS 39567 Operating Hours: Friday & Saturday | 10am – 5pm –wwwcityofpascagoula.com
Beach Park is located at 600 City Park Street and overlooks the Mississippi Sound. It is a 14-acre park offering a concession stand, multiple playground areas, pavilions, barbeque grills, and restrooms. There is also a splash pad, walking trail, fitness stations, a beach, 1000 foot fishing pier, the Hurricane Katrina Memorial, and is a coastal birding trail site. The splash pad is open from May 1st – October 15th. Beach Park Concession Stand: located on the south lawn of Beach Park with a beautiful view of the Mississippi Sound. –www.cityofpascagoula.com
Housed in a one-time working, 70-foot shrimp boat located at River Park, the Scranton Museum “offers visitors a glimpse into the life and ways of coastal shrimpers, providing a unique setting to learn about many Gulf Coast marine topics.” View a wheelhouse, galley, net display, bunkroom, wetlands diorama, and three 100-gallon aquariums. Open on Fridays and Saturdays. –www.discoverourtown.com
Jacks by the Tracks
Welcome to Jack’s By The Tracks: a Southern-Sushi-Juke-Joint-Fish-Taqueria-Neighborhood-Pub- … serving the best southern-influenced sushi, tacos, fresh salads & poke bowls…Our bar offers the coldest beers and fanciest cocktails, and a red stage showcasing the talents of local musicians. –www.tripadvisor.com
Hurricane Safety Tips
Hurricane season has arrived and we want to make sure we provide you with the best tips to keep your home and chimney as safe as possible.
- Shut the Fireplace Damper: When your damper is open during a storm, rain and moisture will get trapped in your chimney flue and that can cause many problems. If your chimney has been leaking, look into getting a Locktop Damper installed.
- Invest in a Chimney Cap: Essentially a chimney cap is a roof that goes over the hole at the top of your chimney flue. A properly installed chimney cap will keep most of the rain out while also adding extra protection against hurricane damage.
- Get a Chimney & Fireplace Inspection: Getting an inspection before any major storms or hurricanes occur can prevent any problems your chimney may have from worsening. If your firebox has cracks, any flooding or water build-up can cause severe structural issues.
Monday Open 24 hours
Tuesday Open 24 hours
Wednesday Open 24 hours
Thursday Open 24 hours
Friday Open 24 hours
Saturday Open 24 hours
Sunday Open 24 hours
These guys were such a pleasure to deal with, they were professional, knowledgeable, clean, and just darn right awesome to do business with.
Thank you Sootmaster
We found it nearly impossible to find a company willing to replace our chimney caps because of the high pitch of our roof. Your guys came out, assessed the job and came back and completed it. The work quality is excellent and we couldn’t be happier.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a gas fireplace. Should this chimney be checked too?
Without a doubt! Although gas is usually a clean-burning fuel, the chimney can become non-functional from bird nests or other debris blocking the flue. Modern furnaces may also cause many problems with the typical flues intended to vent the older generation of furnaces.
What's safe to burn in the fireplace?
You should only burn well-seasoned wood. Watch this video from the CSIA to learn what NOT to burn in your fireplace.
How often should I get my chimney swept?
According to The National Fire Protection Association Standard 211, “Chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom from deposits, and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintenance, and repairs shall be done if necessary.”
My fireplace stinks, especially in the summer. What can I do?
The smell is because of creosote deposits within the chimney, a natural byproduct of woodburning. The odor is sometimes worse during the summer when the humidity is high the air conditioning is turned on. A typical sweeping will help but usually won’t solve the smell completely. There are commercial chimney deodorants that work well, and plenty of people have good results with kitty litter or maybe baking soda set inside the fireplace. The real problem is that the air being drawn down the chimney, an indication of overall pressure problems within the house. Some make-up air should be introduced someplace else in the house. A good sealing and a top-mounted damper will reduce this air flow coming down the chimney.
Hurricane Sally is here and it brings a lot of rain. Have you noticed any chimney or fireplace damages? Any leaks or soft spots around your ceiling? Is any mortar missing on your chimney? Any water in your fireplace? If you have noticed any of these signs you should act fast before the water damages become significant and costly.
Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Pascagoula can handle any repair you have. We offer all fireplace and chimney services at a very reasonable price. Our expert technicians have 30 years of experience and knowledge of water and hurricane damage repairs.
Give us a call today and we will make your damages disappear!