Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Panama City
What to Expect
At Sootmaster Chimney Sweep Panama City, we have a great reputation and quality service. Our team’s top priority is a happy customer. To achieve this goal, we offer a variety of services from our staff with over 30 years of experience. Our team is careful to take good care of your home. Each member of the team wants to better him/herself and provide the best service possible. We always call ahead about any delays as well as arrival times. In addition, we provide a before and after photo of our work. Come to Chimney Repair Panama City for the best chimney services!
We’re a friendly team who will focus on your needs and concerns, so we focus more on you than making a sale. We value our customers, so building a relationship with you is our priority. Therefore, from simple tips to detailed advice on fireplace installations your local chimney sweep is here to help.
What We Can Do
Sootmaster Chimney Repair Panama City provides great services to customers. Above all, we have a great reputation because of our professional services. We offer Water Leak Repairs, Animal removal, Masonry repairs, Fireplace repairs, Fireplace Installations, local chimney service, and chimney caps, as well as many more.
- Animal Removal: Because we have a very caring team, animal removal is one of our top priorities at Chimney Sweep Panama City. For example, Our team is made up of good people who believe in the care of animals. Because of this, we only practice humane animal removal.
- Water Leak Repairs: The most common job we do is water leak repairs. We only use the best materials and we promise to provide the best quality water leak repairs. We offer flashing, chimney caps, and more.
- Masonry Repairs: Sootmaster Chimney Repair Panama City offers several different masonry repairs. For example, we offer tuckpointing, chimney flue repair, flue relining, and more. Our masonry repairs are done by professionals who have years of experience and practice in the field.
- Fireplace repairs: Our fireplace repairs and chimney sweeps at chimney repair Panama City are done by CSIA trained workers. We offer the best real estate, home, and insurance inspections, as well as water leak repairs and animal removal.
- Fireplace Installations: Sootmaster chimney repair Panama City offers several types of fireplace installation. For instance, we can install fireplaces, ash dump doors, wood stoves, and other local chimney service.
Storm Damage Repair
Summer is here and it will bring heavy rain and storms. While Florida is known as the Sunshine State, it is also one of the rainiest states. With storms comes damage, and chimneys suffer some of the worst damage during storms. They can become damaged from rain, wind, and even lightning.
Sootmaster Chimney Sweeps of Panama City is your local chimney expert in storm damage repair
Here are some common repairs after heavy storms strike, and some things you should be looking for with your chimney:
- Cracked masonry or missing bricks.
- Damaged flashing
- Missing or damaged chimney caps.
- Missing or damaged chase covers.
If your home has suffered damage during this summer, call Sootmaster Chimney Sweeps of Panama City today! We will help assess the damage and create the best plan for repairs. Putting repairs off can jeopardize the integrity of your home and its safety.
Have Questions? Ask The Sootmaster!
We understand how important it is for you to know what’s going on. As a result, we here at chimney sweep Panama City strive to help you to enjoy a safer home.
Most noteworthy, here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What wood should I burn?
- How can I troubleshoot smoke issues?
- What products can I use to keep chimneys leak-free?
Click here to Ask the SootMaster!
Lastly, for questions about our services, give us a call at 850-317-8301 . You can also request an appointment online, and we’ll send a chimney repair professional right to your door. You can find your local Sootmaster on our area service page. In conclusion, we want to be your top choice at Chimney Sweep Panama City.
I have called upon Sootmaster on a couple of occasions post-hurricane and have been beyond pleased with not only their customer service but all-around. Patrick has been out both times and has been courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them for any chimney needs.
We had Sootmaster out for a post-Hurricane Michael chimney inspection and they were able to handle a couple of small issues while Patrick was there and left me with a good clean bill of health for my fireplace and chimney. Sootmaster and crew were awesome.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I get my chimney swept?
According to The National Fire Protection Association Standard 211, “Chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom from deposits, and correct clearances. Cleaning, maintenance, and repairs shall be done if necessary.”
My fireplace stinks, especially in the summer. What can I do?
The smell is because of creosote deposits within the chimney, a natural byproduct of woodburning. The odor is sometimes worse during the summer when the humidity is high the air conditioning is turned on. A typical sweeping will help but usually won’t solve the smell completely. There are commercial chimney deodorants that work well, and plenty of people have good results with kitty litter or maybe baking soda set inside the fireplace. The real problem is that the air being drawn down the chimney, an indication of overall pressure problems within the house. Some make-up air should be introduced someplace else in the house. A good sealing and a top-mounted damper will reduce this air flow coming down the chimney.
I have a gas fireplace. Should this chimney be checked too?
Without a doubt! Although gas is usually a clean-burning fuel, the chimney can become non-functional from bird nests or other debris blocking the flue. Modern furnaces may also cause many problems with the typical flues intended to vent the older generation of furnaces.
What's safe to burn in the fireplace?
You should only burn well-seasoned wood. Watch this video from the CSIA to learn what NOT to burn in your fireplace.