It is always a good idea to get your chimney cleaned professionally, rather than do it yourself. Not only do you save time, but you are also assured of a good job done. The best chimney cleaners would have the right credentials in terms of qualification, experience, and testimonials.
Best Chimney Cleaner Checklist
If you are wondering how to select the best chimney cleaner, here’s what you need to know.
- The chimney sweep must be experienced in his/her craft.
- The best chimney cleaners in the business ought to have liability insurance cover. This would ensure that you would get compensated for any inadvertent damage or injury caused while the chimney cleaning is being carried out.
- It would be a good idea to do a reference check on the person claiming to be among the best chimney cleaners. Ask them for referrals from customers in your town who have been happy with their services. It won’t be prudent on your part to hire anyone who claims to be a well-regarded chimney sweep professional unless they are able to back up their claims with evidence.
- You should make it a point to exercise all due diligence in hiring a chimney cleaning professional, even if they claim to be the best chimney cleaner in town. More than anything else, it is a matter of your personal safety, as a badly done chimney cleaning job, could prove to be a fire hazard.
Besides, a badly done chimney sweep job could lead to toxic fumes leaking into the house and damaging the health of the occupants.
5. It is important that you don’t fall prey to the antics of unscrupulous telemarketers, who will entice you to hire underqualified and inexperienced chimney cleaners. Remember that low price never equals quality and if the price quoted to you is too good to be true, it probably is. Sure, getting a chimney sweep might appear to be an unnecessary bother and an expense you could do without, but that is precisely the kind of thinking that one comes to regret later.
6. A good indication of the level of professionalism of the chimney cleaning people you intend to hire is how professionally they interact with you. If they respond to your query promptly and courteously, turn up wearing professional-looking company uniforms, and seem to be carrying the right kind of equipment, you are most likely dealing with the right set of people. Professional setups like SootMaster will always give a good account of themselves in the way that they deal with their prospective customers.
Understanding Your Cleaner
The reason that so much care and caution are advised in selecting a chimney cleaning professional is the fact that this is an unregulated industry and just about anyone can legally set up a chimney cleaning outfit. The thinking behind this probably is, “How difficult can cleaning a chimney be?”
The fact that chimney cleaning is best done by professionals, in order to not put oneself at risk from a house fire or inhaling noxious fumes is often overlooked. The above parameters provide you with the means to identify and hire the best chimney cleaner in town. There is no reason why you should do otherwise. To learn more about chimney cleaners and how to select the best one, fill out the form below today!